Pentir are committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis for processing any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us. By using the Pentir website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the Regulation) which replaces the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Pentir Talent Solutions, Portland House, Stag Place, London SW1E 5RS.
Our Data Protection Officer is: Mike Phillips.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
This would occur when you fill in forms on our site www.pentir.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This also includes information you provide when you complete our clients’ applications forms, when you change/update your personal details and when you report a problem with our site or wish to have a conversation with one of our consultants. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and any other information normally requested on application forms or likely to be found on a CV. This may also include salary information.
Information we request:
This is normally your name, email address, phone number and where you found out about the site.
Cookies – Information we collect about you:
Certain parts of our Websites use “Cookies” to keep track of your visit and to help you navigate between sections. A Cookie is a small data file that certain websites store on your computer’s hard-drive when you visit a website. When you visit our sites, we may automatically collect the following information.
Technical information requested and collected by the server:
- this includes the IP (internet protocol) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform plus information about your visit, pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visit and page interaction information
How to reject Cookies
- You may refuse to accept Cookies by activating the setting on your browser or by answering no if you do not wish to allow Cookies. If, however, you select these settings you may be unable to view all the information contained on our Websites as the information you provide will be lost as you navigate between pages on the Websites.
- See https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ for more information about Cookies and how to disable them in your browser.
- To provide you with the services you have requested;
- To provide you with information about other opportunities we are aware of that are similar to those that you have already enquired about, providing always that you have given to us the necessary consent. To update and enhance our records
- To make recommendations about opportunities that may be of interest to you
- To carry out our obligations arising from the work that we undertake
- To contact you in the most appropriate way and invite you to show an interest in work that we are contracted to undertake
- To deliver the service our clients have engaged us to provide; we discuss and update them about the interest received in response to any advert and/or search for the role(s) they wish to recruit to
- To enable us to understand the recruitment market and prepare market information (which may include aggregating your data with and benchmarking against, data received from other individuals, clients and employers) and to improve services (all on the basis that your personal data will be completely anonymised and you will not be capable of being identified from such information if we share it externally)
If you decide at any time that you no longer want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties, please contact us at: The Data Protection Controller, Pentir Talent Solutions, Portland House, Stag Place, London SW1E 5RS or via email at [email protected]
Disclosure of your data
Provided always that you have given the necessary consent(s), we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. In such cases we will ensure that any such service provider adheres to the same obligations of security with regard to your data as undertaken by ourselves; and
- Our data hosting / support service provider who process and store data on our behalf
- Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We will not sell your data to any third party organisations.
Where we store your personal data
While we use strong encryption, both when your information is moving to or from our web services and also whilst your information is held by us, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We retain the information you provide to us in response to a specific role, for a minimum of six months after a recruitment project ends. We retain your contact details until we are requested to delete them and/or you provide us with updated contact details.
We will contact you and get your permission to disclose your information to any of our clients or a third party.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you do not wish to be contacted by Pentir, then you may notify us via email – [email protected]. It may take us 28 days for this to come into effect. If you subsequently look to contact us again or visit our website then this would nullify the above request.
In the event you do have concerns about our information right practices you can inform the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113 / https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Access to information
The Regulation gives you the right to access information held about you. You may request a copy of your personal data by contacting us at [email protected].
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that we have an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted to us. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal data. You can update your personal data by emailing us. Please note that it will take 28 days for any changes to come into effect.